Onboarding & Account Manager Instructions
For steps on onboarding a new club to the branded mobile app, please refer to this help article.
We are excited to announce that our new ASF Mobile App (powered by My PT Hub) is entering pilot for a select group of customers. Once you have been notified by your account manager that you are eligible for the pilot, please use the steps below to create and register your developer accounts. This setup process will allow your app to be completely branded to your club and allow members to find the app by searching for your club's name in the app store.
For a video walk-through that covers this process for both the Google Play store and the Apple App store, click here or watch the video below.
App Setup Checklists
Be sure to complete the steps below to start the setup process for your branded ASF Mobile App. Each item is detailed further in their own sections:
- Provide the necessary branding information to your account manager
- Setup a Google Developer Account and add My PT Hub as an admin
- Sign up for the Apple Developer Program and add My PT Hub as an App Manager
- Notify your Account Manager that the steps above have been completed
- Create a Service Key for Google Play and provide it to ASF/My PT Hub
App Branding Information
Clients will need to provide the following information in order for their app to be setup
- App Name - This should be the club’s name
- Club Logo (min. size: 1024px x 1024px)
- Club Branding - A Primary color and a Secondary color. The Secondary color will be used as the background for the Club Logo.
The branded My PT Hub app supports using both QR codes or barcodes for check-in. This option is set as part of the setup, and the setting you use will be dependent on your check-in procedure and hardware, though it is recommended to use QR codes for check-in.
Be sure to check with ASF staff if you are unsure of the hardware your club uses. You should also be sure to let your ASF account manager know which you plan to use so that the setting may be set properly.
Setting up a Google Developer Account
To add your branded ASF Mobile app to the Google Play store so that customers can download it, you must first create a Google Developer Account and pay a $25 fee, which is charged by Google.
You can view a video walkthrough of this process here. The final step outlined in the video is for My PT Hub Subscribers only. At this step, please send the gathered information and files to your ASF Account Manager via email as outlined in the steps below.
To setup a Google Developer account:
- Go to the Google Play Console
- Log in with your Google username and password. If you do not have a Google account to use, you will need to create one
- Select the Accept Developer Agreement checkbox. Then click Continue to Payment to pay the $25 registration fee. You can pay with the following credit/debit cards:
- Master Card
- American Express
- Click Buy to pay the registration fee
- Complete your account details:
- Enter a Developer Name. This will be the app name that’s displayed to customers on Google Play
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as an Admin to your Developer account with the first name ASF and last name Apps (see below)
- Add email@example.com as an Admin to your Developer account with the first name ASF and last name Apps (see below)
Adding My PT Hub as an Admin
When adding My PT Hub as an admin to your developer account, you will need to decide if you want My PT Hub to have global or per-app access. It is recommended that My PT Hub be given Global access assuming this is the only app going onto this account.
To add My PT Hub as an admin:
- Sign into your Google Play Console
- Click Settings, then Users & Permissions
- To add My PT Hub as a user, select Invite new user and follow the on-screen instructions
- To update the permissions for an existing user, hover over their email address and select the pencil icon
- Use the Role selector to choose a predefined role or use the checkboxes for individual permissions
- Choose whether each permission applies to all apps in your developer account (Global) or to a specific app
- To add an app to the permissions table, use the down arrow next to Add an app
- To see details for each permission, review the permission definitions section
- Click Send Invitation
NOTE: If no access expiration date is selected, My PT Hub will have ongoing access to the Google Play Console account, which is required for on-going support
Creating a Service Account and Generating an API Key
- Open the Google Play Console
- In the left-side navigation bar, click the Setup menu drop-down, followed by API Access
- If applicable, click on ‘Create new Google Cloud project’ (will only appear for first-time users).
- Click the ‘Create new service account’ button (grey writing on right of “Service Accounts” sub-heading)
- Follow the Google Cloud Platform link on the pop-up, which opens a new tab/window:
- Click the Create Service Account button at the top of the Google Cloud Platform page
- Provide a Service Account Name. This can be the business or app name. The Service Account ID will be automatically filled in with your Service Account Name
- Service Account Description is optional. Feel free to leave this section blank
- Click Create and Continue
- Click Select a role, then scroll through the list and choose Service Accounts > Service Account User. You can type in Service Account User in the top of the search to filter
- Click Done. This will take you back to the Service Accounts page
- Click the 3 dots under the Actions column, then Manage Keys
- Use the Add Key option, followed by Create new key
- Make sure JSON is selected as the Key Type and select Create
- You'll receive a pop-up advising that the private key has been saved to your computer. Click Close
- Make a note of the name of the JSON file downloaded to your computer. The file will most likely save under the Downloads section of your files
- Send the JSON file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, set the email subject to your club's name Google app (e.g. 'The Green Garage - Google App')
Setting up an Apple Developer Account
To add your branded ASF Mobile app to the Apple store so that customers can download it, you must first create an Apple Developer Account and pay a $99 annual publisher fee. The fee, charged by Apple, is paid yearly.
Signing Up as an Organization
Before signing up for an Apple Developer Account, you will need to complete the following steps:
- First, you will need to create an Apple ID. You can skip this step if you already have an Apple ID. Click here to learn how to create an ID if you don’t have one. Remember, an Apple ID is NOT the same as creating an Apple Developer account
- Next, you must get a D-U-N-S Number. A D-U-N-S number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to a business by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and is used by many businesses. You must get this number before enrolling in the Apple Developer Program. Click here to get a D-U-N-S number.
To setup your Organization with an Apple Developer Account:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program enrollment page. Then, click Start Your Enrollment
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in
- Enter the verification code sent to your Apple ID email address when asked to verify your identity. Then click Continue
- Select Company/Organization from the Entity Type drop down list. Then click Continue
- Under Authority to Sign Legal Agreements, choose the appropriate button. The Your Work Email field will display once you select an option. Enter your club/business email address. For this, you MUST use a private domain name (e.g. email@example.com). You cannot use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other similar providers.
- Enter the information for your organization under Organization Information.
- Apple will call you to confirm your enrollment
- Enter the business name as it appears in the D-U-N-S lookup in the Legal Entity Name field.
- Enter the D-U-N-S number assigned to the business in the D-U-N-S Number field
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field
- Enter the phone number where Apple can contact you in the Headquarters Phone field
- Leave the Tax ID/National ID field empty
- Enter the correct characters in the CAPTCHA. Then click Continue
- If you receive an error message under the Legal Entity Name field, click update your D&B profile, then submit your business’ information to continue the process
- Review the information on the Summary for Review page. Select the This is the correct headquarters address for my organization checkbox. Then click Submit
- You’ll receive an email titled “Your program enrollment has been received.” Forward this to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After Apple verifies your application and emails you a confirmation message, confirm and pay for your membership
- You MUST enroll as an organization in order for us to be able to set up your branded app.
- If Apple updates the license agreement for the Apple Developer Program before your branded app is created, you must accept the agreement before your app is designed
- When paying for your Apple Developer Program membership, review your purchase details, and select Automatic Renewal. If you do not select Automatic Renewal, set an annual reminder to renew your membership. Your app will be removed from the Apple App store within 24 hours of the membership expiring
Inviting ASF/My PT Hub to your App Store Account
Once you’ve joined the Apple Developer Program, you will need to invite My PT Hub to your Apple store account. You’ll need to ensure that you’re logged in as the Apple “Owner” account, which will be the case if you’ve just setup the account from new.
To do this:
- Go to the Apple Store Connect
- Lob in with your Apple Developer account information
- Click Users and Access on the App Store Connect home page
- Under People, click the Add button
- In the popup window, enter the following information and click Next:
- First Name: ASF
- Last Name: Apps
- Email: email@example.com
- Select the Admin checkbox under Roles
- Select the Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles checkbox under Developer Resources
- Click Invite
- Repeat steps 4 - 8 for another user
- First Name: ASF
- Last Name: Apps
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Navigate to the Keys tab in Users and Access
- If no keys have been generated and a 'Request Access' button is available, click Request Access and follow the instructions from Apple. If the request access button is not visible, no further action is required.
Once access has been granted, ASF will generate the API key that can be used to upload the app.
NOTE: We will handle the API key generation for the time being until a secure page has been built to allow ASF customers to upload the keys themselves.