You may find additional, useful information in these articles:
Lead Capture is the recommended way for new members to sign themselves up for memberships externally. This process will take them through the external enrollment process as normal with an additional step to capture the member's information as a lead. This will be used in the event the member does not finish sign up. Their information will automatically be captured and used to create a new prospect account so they may be contacted later to finish their sign up.
If your club has been integrated with Club OS, this should be the process you use for signing up new members externally. In addition to the future member's information being used to create a prospect account in ASF, the information will also be shared with Club OS to create a new lead.
Accessing and Using the Online Join Lead URL
Once you've created your offers in Offer Builder, you can begin signing up new members and capturing leads. As a best practice, you should have a button for new members to sign up available on your club website, such as a Sign Up Here or Join Now button. This button should link to the Lead Capture page by using the URL specific to your facility.
The Lead Capture URL for your club can be accessed from the Offer Builder menu. Selecting Lead Capture from the menu will open the lead capture page in a new browser tab. Then, simply copy and paste the URL in the location you need.
Signing Up Using Lead Capture
Once a new member accesses the Lead Capture link, they will begin the sign up process:
- First, they will need to enter their First and Last Names, their Phone Number, and their Email Address
- Next, they must agree to receive text and email communications from your facility and click Continue. For more information on member communication preferences, see this article.
- On the Offer Selection page, the new member will need to select the membership they would like to sign up for. These will be sorted by your Offer Groups and Payment Terms
- Selecting an Offer Group will expand it and show each offer in its own column. Each column will hold all payment terms created for that offer that have been made available for Online Join
- If you only have one offer group, then this step will be skipped and the member will be brought directly to the offer selection
- Next, the new member can select any optional add-ons, POS items, or Sessions Per Payment that are available. Required items will already be selected and cannot be deselected
- Once these have been selected, the new member will need to click Next (Member Information) to continue
- The next page will be used to enter the new member's full information including name, address, contact information, etc. Some of this information will already be filled in from the first step, so the member will only need to fill in the missing required information, then click Next (Review)
- If you have the Online Join Member Information page creates leads preference set to True, then this is the point where the new member's information will be used to create a prospect/lead
- The Review page should be used by the member to review the information they have entered and ensure everything is correct. If there are errors, the member should use the Back button to return to previous sections and make any needed changes. Otherwise, they can select Next (Payment) to continue
- On the payment screen, the member will need to fill in the information for the payment method(s) they wish to use. There will be separate sections for the Sign Up Payment (first month's dues, POS items, etc.) and the Recurring Payment, each of which can have different payment methods. Offers without a recurring payment, such as a Paid In Full membership, will have an option to add a payment method on file that can be used for future purchases
- Once the payment information has been added, the member will need to select Next (Sign and Complete). The next page will be for the member to review the contract and sign it as needed
An additional feature of the Lead Capture system is the ability to record the Abandoned Offer. In the event that a new member does not complete the sign up process through Lead Capture, the offer they had selected will be recorded in their prospect account in an attribute called Abandoned Offer. This attribute will be set to the Card/Offer Code the prospective member selected and it will update accordingly when the new member signs up for an offer in the future.
If the member selects the same offer that was originally recorded as the abandoned offer, then the attribute will be deleted. If not, then the attribute will remain tied to the account for record keeping purposes.
Adding a Marketing Source
Sometimes, you may want to keep track of where your new members are coming from when they sign up for a membership online. This can be done by adding a Marketing Source to your Online Join links. This will save a custom value that you set to a member attribute on the member's account, and it will also appear in the Prospects report.
NOTE: This can only be done by using the Online Join Lead Capture feature. It cannot be used with the regular Member and Prospect Online Join pages
Marketing sources are created by adding some text to your Online Join Lead Capture URL. To add a marketing source:
- Navigate to the Offer Builder menu and select Online Join Lead Link to open the lead capture page in a new browser window
- Copy the URL from the address bar and paste it in the location you need, i.e. in the code for your website, on your club social media page, etc.
- At the end of the copied URL, add the following:
- where MarketingSource can be a custom string indicating the source, such as Facebook, ClubWebsite, or GoogleJoinAd. The only requirement is that there cannot be any spaces.
Your final Lead Capture URL with an added marketing source should look something like this: